Are you a fan of nature and mythology? Would you like to experience the renowned traditional Cretan cuisine built in the diversity of the island’s mountains? Do you dream of spending a holiday in a quiet, traditional place?
Chronakis Home is our fully refurnished family home in the village Psychro, in the Lassithi Plateau, a place immersed deep in Cretan culture, full of beauty, prosperity and elegance; “blessed”, as grandpa used to say. The Lassithi Plateau is the largest plateau of Crete, located at 850m above sea level with 17 lovely traditional villages.
The house is detached. There is an orchard with cherry, pear and walnut trees and a private yard capable of accommodating you and your friends providing more than enough space for your car at the same time. On the inside, there are two rooms and a bathroom. The first room is the living room with a kitchenette, furnished with two sofa-beds, four chairs and a table. There is also a fireplace (suitable both for heating and grilling), a TV set and a DVD player. The kitchenette provides an oven with a cooker hood, fully furnished cupboards, a sink and a fridge with a freezer. The second room is the bedroom, furnished with a large double bed. There is a brand new bathroom with large capacity water heater. In addition, the house is heated by a central heating system. Last but not least, it is equipped with a brand new door and window frames with meshes, clean sheets and blankets, products for personal hygiene and house cleaning supplies.
*The Air Conditioning provided by electric fan. In fact, you will not need air-condition because the temperature is normal the whole summer. Most of people visit the Lassithi Plateau especially in summer because of its temperature.
WHEN CAN I VISIT THE AREA?
- Summer (May-October): The temperature is normal and pleasant (a light sweater might be needed only at night and in the early morning).
- Winter (November-April): The house is also available during the winter. Diktaio Antro is open and many of the shops and restaurants of the area are open for business too. You will enjoy the absolute calmness and relaxation the Plateau offers while enjoying full central heating and a fireplace. (The house is NOT available in case of heavy snowfall - you will be informed in time).
HOW CAN I REACH THE PLATEAU?
1st choice: Rent a car and follow the directions provided. This will allow you to travel (and explore the Plateau area) at your own pace. (Recommended)
2nd choice: Transportation by taxi can be arranged with a discount from the airport or the port of Heraklion or from any other location in Crete.
3rd choice: By the local bus service. (Unfortunatelly, there are no many routes)
*Provided 24/hour check-in (Keys to be at home).
What can I do here?
- Enjoy the calmness of the house and the yard by reading your favorite book, entertaining friends or family in a place with ample space for children to play and pets to run free.
- Wander in the picturesque streets and shops of the village or take a ride through the other 16 villages of the Lassithi Plateau.
- Visit Diktaio Antro, the cave where, accocrding to Greek mythology, Zeus was born, and explore the scents of the mountains, the enormous stalagmites and the lake inside.
- Taste one of the purest cuisines of the Mediterranean in one of the proposed local restaurants. You should, in no way, neglect to taste the wine and the local raki.
- Visit the shops selling local woven mats and embroidered cloth or visit the large outlet with pottery and see the potters at work and how they make olive oil, having also many local products on sale. (advice of guest Cristine!)
- Explore the area by hiking or cycling.
- Drive to the sea and the famous tourist resort Malia (26km, a 40-minute drive approximately) or to other nearby seaside locations.
- Discover the unique geomorphological landscape, the rare endemic bird species, several archaeological sites and hidden caves and gorges.
More about the area here: (URL HIDDEN) & (URL HIDDEN) & (URL HIDDEN) & (URL HIDDEN)
Smoking is allowed.
Pets are allowed.
Cell phone reception is available.
Have a wonderful stay!
Hi! I'm Argyris. I live in Heraklion of Crete which is also my hometown. I am a graphic designer, a professional driver in the tourism sector, a radio producer and generally, I try to engage in activities that suit me and I can be good at!
I like learning about different cultures and interacting with people from different parts of the world. I love arts, history, and anything that takes place in the social field. In my free time i play Cretan music with my friends, I travel, read poetry and literature, design or draw and many more.
I appreciate travelers who really want to discover the place that they visit, meet the local people, explore nature and try the activities that the place can offer.
I would be more than happy to accommodate you, offer you my services and share with my knowledge. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me directly!