Location, location, location! Large, classy, timeless, comfortable, entire top floor with private entrance in our private house out of a 1890's novel in Williamsburg, Brooklyn one block from the East River. So easy to get to Manhattan by subway, ferry, cab or even foot, and all the best places in the "Burg" Wifi/cableTV/air/heat.
(We stay in our separate floor below you never compromising your privacy!)
Perfect location on the Northside Williamsburg, Brooklyn Waterfront scene, my place is a wood beamed classic, with hard wood floors and restored original brick wall. It is the top floor of a 1894 restored house on a very nice semi residential street block. The nicely outfitted place, "the country in the sky" as I refer to it, has a beautiful totally functional "Peerless" antique prewar stove for cooking, generous amounts of pots, a wood burning fire place and a full size refrigerator in the kitchen. The feelings are cozy, warm, cabin like yet elegant. The kitchen and living room are in the same open area. There is a dining room table that seats 4, a beautiful brand new couch that folds down to become a very comfortable queen size bed that sleeps 2. Beyond the living area is the large master bedroom with a queen size bed that sleeps 2 with a large antique dresser and 2 riverside windows. Off the master bedroom is a large tiled classic bathroom with an antique skylight and large tub with shower, and a small bedroom with a twin size bed and riverside window that is nice as a separate rest area, a great place for a child to sleep, or an out of sight room to put your luggage and things.
My location is beyond great and safe. 10 minutes maximum in a cab or car service over the Williamsburg Bridge and you are in Manhattan. It is a short walk (3 min) to the North 6th Street East River Ferry ( the scenic quick river route to Midtown Manhattan or lower Manhattan, please check schedules). Subways: L train ( gray line): First stop in Brooklyn, only one stop to Manhattan and a neat 10 minute walk from my place going by shops, restaurants and street vendors to the very frequent Northside L train subway stop at Bedford Ave and North 7 St, (Everything you want to pick up to take back to my place is on Bedford Ave or Kent Avenue which are the walking routes to the subway. (Among the small shops, restaurants and bars, there is now a "Whole Foods" supermarket and a Iphone store on Bedford!) The JM subway that goes over the Williamsburg Bridge with wonderful views of the river and NYC skyline to lower Manhattan (Chinatown etc), is a little further (13 min walk ) through the South Side. After a night out in the neighborhood, you will find this quiet, comfortable, timeless place to come home to that is the top floor of a restored Williamsburg house. All East River parks are a short walk away with their spectacular river and skyline views. During the warm months the weekend flea/food markets down Kent Avenue/North 8 on weekends are fun and back dropped by the river and Manhattan skyline. Grand Street River Park is only a block and a half away. I love going there in the mornings with a cup of tea and taking in the NYC view. The quaint restaurants and music clubs are amazing and abundant, the "Williamsburg Foodtown" Market has all the groceries you need and frankly the only reason I would leave the "Burg" would be to go to a museum, St. Patrick's, Grand Central's Oyster Bar or ice skating at Rockerfeller Center. Indoor Flea Market on North 7th right off Kent Ave, "Mast Brothers Chocolate" on North 3rd off Berry, "Beer Garden" restaurant lunch, dinner, brunch with live music on Friday nights on North 3rd and Berry, "Sea" restaurant (Thai) on North 6, "Sweet Water" (Bistro) restaurant on North 6, "Dumont Burger" for awesome burgers on Bedford between South 2-3,
"Aurora" (Northern Italian) with great brunches, lunches and dinners is right around the corner as is "Coxley's" sport bar with 40 beers on tap and great chicken wings on Grand St. "Teddy's" rest and bar (American Bistro) on North 8, a landmark that serves brunch, lunch and dinner and also has music sometimes at night, and the "Knitting Factory" music performance space and bar is 6 blocks away on Metropolitan. The best NY steak house, "Peter Luger's" reservations only, is in the vicinity.
The floor is divided in 4 areas: upon entering you are in the kitchen and living, dining room with a wall and door that separates this space from the large bedroom in the front, the large tiled bathroom and the smaller front bedroom. The living area can easily convert to a sleeping area for 2. The place is adorable and sleeps four comfortably. Much quieter than most places in the area. Heat, air conditioning, wifi, fine linens/towels and kitchen utensils are provided for my guest.
Full laundry drop off service and dry cleaners is available a couple of blocks up the street at "Berry Cleaners" or 302 Bedford Ave. My personal assistant/butler and I will check with you on your arrival time, hand over keys and be close at hand for anything you need during your stay. I and my husband are on our private lower floor of the house.
The "Country" is an entire floor with private entrance and extremely well equipped, in a house owned by my husband and I. Please be considerate of noise in hallway and stairwell. Do not smoke or go out on fire escape. Wifi is included and of course help yourselves to my spices, tea, coffee, anything in the refrigerator, and feel free to browse through my lovely books.
I, my husband and my butler are always close at hand when needed. Knock on our door at anytime! We want your stay in our place to be the best. Never hesitate to call, communicate, either of us for any tips, suggestions, directions etc...
All linens and towels are provided. I appreciate use of slippers while in the place due to the wooden floors. This floor is very private, so relax and enjoy your stay!
The most important thing I want is for you and your family to feel at home and have the best of times during your stay at my place. Let me know anything I can assist you with before arriving and throughout your stay. Its a cool place in a cool neighborhood. I am always nearby, but your privacy is supreme. Here are the rules; I 'd appreciate you following:
1. Respect other occupants that are in the building especially in the hallways, and limit yourselves to my third floor apartment. I know you are on vacation, but try to be noise considerate early in the mornings and after 10 pm at night.
2. Please lift your luggage if checking in or out early/late instead of rolling due to the hardwood floors in the hallways and space.
3. Be neat, do your own dishes and beds and respect the nice furnishings we have provided you.
Please put all food in the refrigerator especially if it is in an opened container or bag. I have no roaches or pest and want to keep it that way!
4. Separate the recycling from garbage in the appropriate bags we provide. Tuesday night is the night to set out the bottles and rinsed plastic food containers in the clear bags provided. Friday night is garbage night. Either I or my assistant will pass by to pick it up on those nights, if you can't put it out yourself.
5. Do not leave any appliance on if you are not in the apartment. This includes the portable air conditioners which should be turned off or at least to low when you are out of the apartment.
6. Do not leave the tub running if you are not in the apartment.
7. Do not leave the stove or fireplace going if you are not in the apartment.
8. Please contact me or my assistant via airbnb, calling, personal email or simply knock on my door for any doubts, wishes or concerns.
9. Do not dispose of anything like tampons, diapers, or paper towels in the toilet.
Only toilet paper please! Use the garbage can in the bathroom for tampons, Q tips, paper towels, diapers etc.
10. Do not loose the keys to the house or the apartment. $250 lost key charge.
11. Please do not leave food out on the counters, top of the refrigerator or table. Put all food items in the refrigerator. With food containers that are put in trash or recycling, make sure they are rinsed. There is a steel garbage can with a lid under the ladder going to the roof in the hallway. Please put your daily garbage tied with a twisty there. Recycling gets put out every Tuesday evening in the clear bags provided. Trash gets put out in black garbage bags on Friday night.
12. Enjoy my space, you are my friend(s), and let me or my wonderful assistant and friend Azul, know anything we can assist you with.
12. If you need to have something delivered to you while staying at my place, I will facilitate my postal service address a few blocks up the street so you can be around on the town instead of sitting in the apartment waiting for a package.
13. No smoking of any kind in the hallway or apartment please!
14. Do not be drinking, smoking or hanging out on the fire escape. No children ever on roof or fire escape. These are to be used only as a fire escape!
15. As you leave the building's street door on the first level, make sure the door shuts behind you. I nor anyone else in the building have ever had a theft issue, the neighborhood is super safe, but it is NYC.