I guess after dozens and dozens of happy satisfied guests you're bound to get that one guest who is the perfect nightmare soooo to put your review in perspective:
1) Airbnb locates the property on a map. The Host has no input on the dot placement. They are purposely placed in a general non-specific area but the dot is clearly on the correct side of St. Charles where we are located in the Garden District complete with regular security guard coverage.
2) The AC was recently repaired as you were told and when we "harassed" you, it was to see if everything was operational. Your nonresponse was its own answer or so we thought. BTW, if you had let us know immediately about the issue you would have found it to be a 10-minute fix. There are working smoke detectors in every room and a carbon monoxide detector in the room where the AC equipment is located. Fun fact for you: The only time carbon monoxide is generated is when the heater is operating so you were never ever in any danger.
3) The kitchen is fully stocked with everything but food! We don't provide food! or condiments! or spices! These usually are some local coffee beans in the fridge for our guests. Never had a complaint about lack of pepper. I guess all the other guests were too busy enjoying the best food in the world just walking distance away including a high-end grocery store where they sell pepper. BTW the freezer has a working automatic ice machine! the trays are for guests that want to make even more ice! Sorry, the ice trays bothered you!
4) I confess, we don't have long staple cotton Turkish towels or whatever you're used to but we do have plenty of clean towels that no one has ever complained about! We have used them, our family and friends have used them...they dry you off and they do it well.
5) I thoroughly dispute the claim about the bathroom cleanliness. But once again, without any feedback from you during your entire stay how can we possibly know you have a problem. We could have easily sent our very competent maid over in no time for a quick cleaning if there was even a real problem which I doubt but then again how would I know? Phone, email and text communication need 2 parties to work...trying to get any kind of feedback to make sure a guest is happy is not my definition of "harassment".
6) New Orleans is a tropical environment where it rains frequently in the summer and there are vast amounts of insects that reside all over the place. That's life in the South! We have a lush, green backyard that grows like the jungle it is and we LOVE it! So do all of our other guests. You booked and checked in on the same day and we don't do yard work every day, so yeah, there are leaves on the ground. It's too darn hot in August to pick them up every day!
7) We sit on the porch nearly every day, sometimes more than once a day! You can hear the Streetcar go down St. Charles and give a pleasant smile to the people that walk by. There are beautifully restored homes on the block including a couple of multi-family properties one of which has gated and fenced parking...oh well.
8) New Orleans embraces Mardi Gras. You just don't get it!